Total Pageviews

Monday, September 21, 2009

Fashionable TV Moments: Cain's Sunglasses, Newspaper Trenchcoat, and a Hair Away From Winning an Emmy

Where have I been? Missed half the Emmy's, forgot predictions, and no fashion watch. I'm either slipping or social calendar has been neglecting TV viewing. Geez. There are so many hours in a day and so few left in my DVR memory.


On CBS tonight, I was fully satisfied in the one and only CSI the Bainbridge/Northstrom household has set on "record." The origin of Horatio Cain's sunglasses were revealed. Indeed, great season premiere of the, my prediction only, last season of CSI Miami. I have a feeling it is on the last leg of the series.


Last week on Lifetime, if you are keeping score of the Bainbridge/Northstrom blind pick tally. The score is:



Mr. Bainbridge's Blind Pick 1

Ms. Northstrom's Blind Pick 0

Both NY contenders are still in the ring and Epperson came painstakingly close to winning the two episodes before. Now a few shows into the season I believe Epperson has more experience and a clear POV on his side compared to Irina. We shall see. Irina's winning design was not very forward. But I must say the newspaper constructed faux fur was fantastic. I've personally worked with newspaper in art class and capturing that look with such a near perfect installation of each crinkled piece is impressive. I don't think I would have had the patience given only one day to design and construct such a time consuming flair. ::Whisper:: With that being said, overall Christopher should have won. You decide. Epperson, still rooting for you!




And last night at the Emmy's I was only disappointed that Stephen Colbert didn't win Outstanding Individual in a Variety or Comedy Program. Geez, how can you compete with Don Rickles. I didn't watch his performance so I can't intelligently compare the two. I'm not even a big Colbert fan. But this summer I started to watch his show religiously after his special in Iraq. First upon hearing the premise of the week, I rolled my eyes over the thought it was a ratings ploy. Yeah, trying to get that Emmy nomination. I was compelled to record the first episode in Iraq to see how it would play along and after hearing all the news hype over Obama's order to shave Colbert's head.






Far from my expectations, I thought it was the best in television last summer. Watch Operation Iraqi Stephen: Going Commando in case you missed it this summer. You won't be disappointed. Bob Hope would have been proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment